My First Impression at Yale【Mia】

 



My first impression of Yale University is that most of all the students have a clear vision of their future and are full of energy. Many students I was meeting for the first time, they were all proud of their backgrounds and majors, and were willing to put in the effort to pursue them. I have never been very confident in my major, because my specialization is in the humanities, such as literature and film, a field of study in which I do not feel a direct social significance. This is why, unfortunately, there is a movement in Japan to abolish the Faculty of Letters. However, I was able to change my mind that I should pursue what I love by coming into contact with these people, who are full of themselves. Everything in this world is connected in some way, and I do not think that each issue or theme exists independently. I believe that the humanities are an important field of study for enriching our own lives and the lives of those with whom I interact.


Of course, not having a clear dream is not a bad thing. You are in the process of growing up, so you should believe in various possibilities and rather worry a lot about your life. But at the same time, you cannot face your future without putting yourself in a place where you can challenge without taking any action. Yale students are busy, but they make time to face themselves and they always think about what they really want to achieve, which is why they are able to interact with other students to create a stimulating environment at Yale I felt that this is what makes the university such an environment of unparalleled synergy.




コメント

  1. Is this you, Minon? I admire that you are already learning so much about yourself given these marvelous juxtapositions of your culture with ours...it sounds as if you too take time "to face yourself", and may you always be proud of who you find. I very much look forward to hearing your reactions to our future challenges and readings.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

人気の投稿